Our Top Highlights
As the days are getting longer and the final cold spells are rolling in, some of our creative types have been getting rather busy. Please scroll down for the Top 8 highlights (presented in no particular order).
1. Tyler Shields as per usual is keeping things rather exciting for himself, this month he is hanging alongside Richard Avedon arguably one of the greatest portrait photographers of all time in the Sotheby’s Erotic Art online auction. Bidding ended on Friday and was rather nail biting; both of his photographs sold, further establishing Shields’ importance to collectors. Although the auction is over we have a few more editions of ‘Bunny II’ and ‘Three Witches’. Click here for available works.
CB Hoyo at Miami Art Basel
2. CB Hoyo has been extremely busy already this year with two shows under his belt and a plethora of new projects on the way, 2018 will be an important year for the young Cuban. His first Show was at Miami Art Basel completely sold out. And just a week later he’s displaying his first solo London show “Keeping It Real” at our Shepherd Market gallery, which is on until February 28th. Click here for more.
Work in Progress by Rich Simmons
3. Rich Simmons has been working hard on a new print series that will be released later this year, keep your eyes peeled. As always, not only taking enjoyment from creating but also encouraging others to express themselves. Rich has been giving talks at colleges and informing young people how art changed his life. Click here for available works.
4. Introducing four new Taschen books to our shelves, Dali’s ‘The Wines of Gala’ is a fantastic golden sleeved follow-up to the surrealist master’s book Les Diners de Gala, delving into his love for wine and the many myths of the grape. Accompanying this fantastic edition is David LaChapelle’s Lost and Found, Warhol’s Illustrations and another book of his Polaroids.
5. Henry Hate x Fred Perry have released the second edition of the Amy Winehouse Foundation Collection. The tattooed design pieces are inspired by Henry’s close friend Amy Winehouse and her passion for tattoos and Fred Perry clothing. Click here for available works.
6. Paul Oz has been his usual productive self completing several paintings one of which he gifted to Jenson Button for his birthday, the other of Bob Marley which he completed on the day of his birth (unfortunately Bob was unavailable to accept the gift). Paul also has a very interesting sculpture project that he’s keeping under wraps, but watch this space. Click here for available works.
Liberty for France by Illuminati Neon
7. Illuminati Neon has been lighting up vintage French and British WWII flags with a few more interesting ones on the way. He’s also been flown over to Tulum (Mexico) by none other than the Guzmans to create something very special. Click here for more.
Fucking Amazing by Lauren Baker
8. Last but not least Lauren Baker has been busiest of the bunch, starting off the year giving talks at the University of East London dropping knowledge for willing young minds to absorb. Then spreading some love along side Chanel at Covent Garden for Valentines Day with a love swing installation. Exhibitng her work at the Art Wynwood Miami fair this weekend and receiving Rise Art Award’s ‘One to Watch’ for 2018, all this whilst moving studios. Click here for more.