With just two days to go till the opening of the much-anticipated solo show by CB Hoyo ‘Keeping It Real’, we wanted to introduce you 5 curious facts about the artist that you might not have known about.
RSVP to the Private View on 8th February, 6-9PM
1. CB Hoyo’s work has attracted a younger generation of collectors, thanks to his popular Instagram feed, with Dua Lipa (below) as one of his famous fans.
On the left is one of CB Hoyo’s first sold out prints!
2. In addition to painting, CB Hoyo also receives commissions for murals across the globe and has been named as one of the ten rising starts of the street art world by Artnet.
Mural by CB Hoyo in COYA restaurant, Mayfair
3. CB Hoyo’s paintings pay homage to many of his artistic heroes such as Andy Warhol, Damien Hirst and more. However, the artist calls Jean-Michel Basquiat his main inspiration and favourite artist to “fake”.
Acrylic and spray paint on canvas
50 x 50 cm
4. CB Hoyo has a dedicated global following and had a sell out show last month at Art Palm Beach Fair in Miami!
5. Last but not least, prior to becoming an art world sensation, the artist used to slave away in the kitchen as a chef! A calling which he quit a little over a year ago to become a full-time artist.
Oil on canvas
75 x 80 cm