Although we may have had a cold and dreary winter, and some of us may have been hibernating the whole time, a glimmer of spring is definitely in the air and we wanted to update you with our artists latest news.
Please scroll down for the Top 10 Highlights:
Just Be You Tiful by Rich Simmons
1. We are incredibly pleased with the results achieved in the Centre Point/ London Evening Standard auction, where Rich Simmons’ artwork went for £650. All the proceedings will help the homeless youth charity!
Official Hackney 2016 Pride in London Banner designed by Stik
2. The banner designed by Stik will be auctioned at Christie’s to raise funds for a local LGBTQ+ organisation or charity.
Magpie by Stik
3. A Stik street art piece has been sold at Phillips auction in London for £35,000 to raise funds for the relocation of the Magpie Social Centre in Bristol. The collective who formerly squatted the vacant lot for 10 years are now browsing properties in the Bristol area!
Provacateur by Tyler Shields
Marilyn Manson ‘Say 10’ by Tyler Shields
5. The short music video was directed by Tyler Shields and finds Marilyn Manson on a throne meditating and tearing up a Bible as the sparse production and hushed vocals of ‘Say 10’ loom overhead. Manson plans to release ‘Say 10’ in February 2017.
6. Emanuele D’Angelo’s latest photography captures Havana’s raw and vibrant beauty. Having recently visited the current travel hotspot of Cuba, Emanuele turned his lense on Havana’s colourful streets, highlighting the city’s raw and lively beauty. Take a closer look at the article published on High Snobiety.
Kate (Red) by Lukas Avalon
7. Lukas Avalon has created a new body of works that depicts the fabulous Kate Moss as his subject. He has created a series of screen prints featuring Kate Moss, which are available to purchase on our online shop. The print is an edition of 43 (corresponding to Kate Moss’s age!). However the background to each print is different, painted by Lukas Avalon, making each print a unique work of art.
My Heaven is Inside by Stuart Semple
8. We have acquire a number of prints from Stuart Semple’s series My Heaven is Inside. British artist Stuart Stemple has become one of the leading exponents of a new generation of artists tackling concepts of mass and popular culture. Semple has also created the world’s pinkest pink paint pigment that is available to anyone, except Anish Kapoor who is legally banned from purchasing it! To view works of art for sale please visit our online shop.
Enargeia by Nick Waplington
9. In addition we are also exhibiting a number of Nick Waplington’s paintings available to be viewed in our gallery or our Artsy page. Nick Waplington has worked on a major book project with the fashion designer Alexander McQueen during 2008/2009 called Working Progress (2013). Much like the McQueen series, which the designer wanted to be “dirty and messy”, Waplington’s new body of work reveals a constant concern of his 30-year career: an affinity for barely contained chaos.
Chloe Trujillo “Visionary Fashion”
10. Last but not least, we were absolutely thrilled with the opening of Chloe Trujillo’s show, a first of its kind at Imitate Modern, presenting a selection of wearable art by the visionary artist. This exhibition marks a new beginning for the gallery at our new space in Mayfair. The show was a huge success and we are so pleased with the outcome! Chloe Trujillo’s scarves are still available to be purchased through our online shop.