Summer Top 10
We are now in the last month of the British summer, which means that in between the days of grey skies and rainy afternoons we might get a glimpse of sun here and there. Now that the heatwave has officially passed, we’d like to share some of the exciting things that our artists have been up to in the last couple of months.
Please scroll down for the Top 10 highlights:
1. Tyler Shields has been busy working on many new exciting and provocative projects. He is also pairing up with an old friend and collaborator, model and actress Rumer Willis, for a new photo series, which is to be revealed very soon.
We are also happy to confirm that Tyler will be releasing a photography book this Autumn! Stay tuned for the release date.
Hermes Cola by Tyler Shields
Gator Birkin II by Tyler Shields
2. Every summer the Royal Academy opens its doors with the Summer Exhibition – the oldest open-submission art show in the world. This year photographer Oliver Dunsch’s work has been featured in the exhibition with a photograph called “Mouthwatering.” Don’t miss the chance to see it in person until the 21st of August.
Mouthwatering by Oliver Dunsch at the Royal Academy
Jeanny in a Box by Oliver Dunsch
3. Mairi-Luise Tabbakh conducted an Interview/ Portrait film with the legendary tattoo artist Mark Mahoney. Mark is dubbed the “founding father” of black and grey tattoo art, and did work on the likes of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Lana Del Rey, and Johnny Depp.
S&H Taxi IV by Mairi-Luise Tabbakh
4. Paul Oz, an explosive portrait artist, has done something a bit more unusual in a new medium – a sculpture made out of Ferrari parts, which he called Enzo.
Enzo by Paul Oz
5. Stik released a new edition of his book STIK in New York with Penguin Publishing. The book is comprised of his personal archive of working photographs and recounts the social and personal motivations behind each of his murals.
6. George Morton-Clark is collaborating with a young British designer MARR, adding his characteristic brush strokes and splashes to the jackets from the new collection. A photo session with model Winnie Harlow and photographer Emanuele D’Angelo is due to come out later this month on Highsnobiety.
Winnie Harlow in MARR/GMC jacket
A Pocket Full of Roses by George Morton-Clark
7. Lukas Avalon has joined the cast of Made In Chelsea, adding his Monégasque charm to the blend of London’s social elite. He has had some help from his fellow cast members Francis Boulle and Alex Mytton in finishing a new piece of art.
Quantitive Easing by Maximilian Wiedemann
Gama #0 by Cody Choi
Self-Portrait by Cody Choi
10. Last, but not least, we take a look back at the opening night of our summer pop-up exhibition RHYTHM with a video from the Private View. Inspired by the rhythms in our lives, we celebrated the beginning of summer with fantastic people and incredible art. Thank you all for coming!
Rhythm (Incredible Sound) by Ed Ball
Available as a unique original and as a print
We hope you will enjoy the rest of the summer and we have very exciting new things planned for the Autumn of 2016. Stay tuned for our news and future exhibitions!
Glitter Mouth by Tyler Shields