The One and Only Queen Jack 90th
We hope you found time for a right royal knees-up this weekend for officially celebrating Her Majesty’s 90th birthday!
To commemorate this momentous occasion, Paul Oz produced a special portrait as part of the Queen Jack series which we exhibited at 90 Piccadilly at our summer pop-up RHYTHM, perfectly situated near the royal residence at Buckingham Palace, which we hope you had a chance to visit.
Queen Jack 90th is a unique original painting, with a splash of UV paint, set in a bespoke stamp frame – one of the very few originals available by Paul Oz at present. To enquire more or view the piece in person, please get in touch.
The piece is also available as a hand-embellished canvas in edition of 90 (framed and un-framed), as well as in a paper edition of 200.
A little more about the artist…
Describing himself as explosive portrait artist, Paul Oz builds on what he describes as ‘splats and texture’, practise that has been the key to honing his method of layering and texturing oil and acrylic paint on board. He strives for his work to give off explosive energy, movement and expression, building up the paint to a considerable thickness. This painter uses a lot of paint!
Having been commissioned work for British Olympic champions, Team Sky, Sir Alex Ferguson, Red Bull and Pirelli, among many others, we could not be more pleased to introduce this new work by Paul Oz to celebrate Britain’s great monarch.
It’s hard to keep on top of things with Paul Oz, as he is constantly travelling all over the world in order to catch the next big race, so here are a few updates we’ve selected for you to learn about what he’s been up to lately!
1. Queen Jack 90th is actually the fifth one in the series of Queens, and was created with a 90p sign especially for her Majesty’s Birthday! Previous ones were inspired by Punk, Valentine’s Day, Jubilee, and other special occasions…
2. Paul Oz has been commissioned by Kanye West to do a portrait of Kanye… Yes, you read it right! And the result is incredible! Bravo, Paul!
3. He has published a book ROAR! in 2014 (available to purchase in our online shop), and is currently working on a second one, which is going to be longer and a lot more personal. It is going to cover the span of his career, the why’s and therefore’s and, in his own words, might upset some people… We are excited!
4. He’s been involved with Rugby Players Associations Awards for three years now, live-painting at the event for charity, raising £9,000 in 2014 for an unfinished painting! This year he beat that record with a piece that he worked on from his studio, a portrait of Brian O’Driscoll, which reached £15,000 in a bidding war in a charity auction!
5. He has exhibited in Mexico City at the F1 art show during the race week, which you can read about in more details in his newsletter.
6. Paul Oz donated an original oil painting of Aytron Senna piloting his Lotus 97T from the 1985 Formula 1 season for Austin’s Grand Prix, which had raised $3,000 in a silent charity auction, with the money being split between Meals on Wheels and More of Austin and the Justin Wilson’s Children’s Fund.
7. Read an interview with Paul Oz on Memento Exclusives! Link here.